So alas, here is my first post on Blogger. We'll just ignore my old-enough-to-be-a-6th-grader livejournal.
I'm done with finals!!! And I'm SO exhausted!
I suddenly have time to do things, but I can't shake this ominous feeling of doom and doubt.
"Thus He spake, and once more into the former bowl, wherein He had blended and mixed the Soul of the Universe, He poured the residue of the previous material, mixing it in somewhat the same manner, yet no longer with a uniform and invariable purity, but second and third in degree of purity. And when He had compounded the whole He divided it into souls equal in number to the stars, and each several soul He assigned to one star, and setting them each as it were in a chariot He showed them the nature of the Universe, and declared unto them the laws of destiny,--namely, how that the first birth should be one and the same ordained for all, in order that none might be slighted by Him; and how it was needful that they, when sown each into his own proper organ of time, should grow into the most god-fearing and creative of living creatures; [and eventually become as God]."
from Plato's Timaeus
I've Moved!
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment